"Recognizing that the overall quality of healthcare delivery is directly related to the professional services rendered by the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety, the following Code of Ethics is hereby mandated as a consideration for membership."
As a healthcare security professional, I pledge to dedicate myself to providing a safe and secure environment to the people and institution(s) I serve by:
- Supporting patient care and awareness within my health care facility
- Recognizing that my principal responsibilities are security and/or safety services to the healthcare community I serve:
- to protect life and property and reduce crime through the implementation of recognized crime prevention and investigative techniques, and
- to provide a safe environment of care in support of the mission of the healthcare facility
- Respecting the moral and constitutional rights of all persons while performing my duties without prejudice,
- Ensuring that confidential and privileged information is protected at all times,
- Maintaining open communication with other professionals with whom I conduct business,
- Striving to further my education, both academically and technically, while encouraging professional development and/or advancement of other security/safety personnel,
- Promoting and exemplifying the highest standards of integrity to those whom I serve while dedicating myself to my chosen profession.